What are the Main Symptoms of Chronic Kidney Disease
Date :2020-01-13 Click :
Chronic kidney disease(CKD) is a lasting damage of kidneys, at least over 3 months. While many patients won’t have obvious symptoms because it dose not cause any problems at beginning, until it reaches advanced stage.
According to glomerular filtration rate(GFR), we divide chronic kidney disease into 5 stages.
Kidney disease stages Glomerular filtration rage
The first stage ≥90ml/min
The second stage 60-89ml/min
The third stage 30-59ml/min
The fourth stage 15-29ml/min
The fifth stage ≤15ml/min
While, here are still some warning signs of kidney disease at different phases.
1. At the early stage of kidney disease, patients are easy to get tiredness and fatigue, sometimes swelling on eyes、face、legs and ankles, abnormal urine colour、foamy urine, difficult urination and pain, frequent urination at night. At this moment, your creatinine may still be normal or just increase a little. Of course, you may mistake these symptoms with other disease, so it is very important to make clear about diagnosis.
2. Development of kidney disease and aggravation
When it reaches to renal insufficiency and end stage of kidney disease, patients will have symptoms of whole body.
• Gastrointestinal symptoms: such as less appetite、vomiting in the morning.
• Blood pressure system problem: like anemia and bleeding.
•Respiratory symptoms: Pneumonemia, pneumonedema, uremia pleurisy.
•Central nervous system: attention-deficit disorder, drowsiness, poor sleep and etc.
• Skin itching
• Bone system: renal bone disease or renal dystrophy
• With discomforts appearing, your creatinine level already increased to high and kidney function damaged much.
Besides, some patients also get symptoms of Endocrine metabolic disorder、infection、metabolic acidosis、water and electrolyte is imbalance.
Sometimes you may not get kidney disease though you find several above symptoms. Because your kidneys are highly adaptable and able to compensate for lost function, signs and symptoms may not appear until irreversible damage has occurred.