What Symptoms do You Have with Diabetic Nephropathy
Date :2020-01-14 Click :
We all know that diabetes is a complicated and harmful disease which can be divided into type1 and type2. Diabetic nephropathy is one serious complication of diabetes which declines kidney function to filtrate waste and extra fluid. Over many years, the whole kidney filtering system will be disordered and injured eventually.
Also this disease can cause many complications, here we introduce you some of them. You can understand the importance of early treatment.
1. Foamy urine. A part of patients have foamy urine due to protein in urine. Generally here will be protein urine after sports which can provide the basis for diabetic nephropathy. With disease development, persistent mircoalbuminuria is present. Around 3/1 patients will have mass proteinuria.
2. Edema. Renal edema is similar to nephrotic syndrome. Edema often occurs in loose tissue and low-hanging parts of the body like eyes, face, private parts which is pitting edema. Normally the edema will disappear after taking rest.
3. High blood pressure. Most patients have hypertension due to water-sodium retention and increased angiotensin. High blood pressure can lead to hardening of the arteries, left ventricular hypertrophy and heart failure.
4. Renal anemia. Most patients have mild and moderate anemia which is mainly caused by erythropoietin. Lack of blood, patients become fatigue, headache, tinnitus, short breath and hypomnesis.
5. Gastrointestinal symptoms: poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, melena, and diarrhea.
6. Low glomerular filtration rate(GFR). Kidney damage will decline kidney ability to filtrate blood, so GFR will reduce. If tests show the GFR is 60% or above, doctor will not diagnose kidney disease. However, if GFR is from 15-60%, here is kidney disease. Surely diabetes nephropathy can also progress to kidney failure.
Diabetic nephropathy is the most common seen secondary nephropathy. You need keep good life style and good diet habit, further, control well of your blood pressure and sugar to prevent this disease.