Is FSGS Treatable
Date :2020-03-11 Click :
Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) is a nephrotic syndrome. Up to around 80% of cases of primary FSGS are resistant to steroid treatment. Most such patients with steroid-resistant FSGS progress to end-stage renal disease. The purpose of treatment is to obtain a complete remission of proteinuria, a necessary step to improve renal survival and reduce the risk of progression to chronic kidney disease. When this is not possible, the secondary goal is a partial remission of proteinuria. Reduction or remission of proteinuria is the most important factor of renal survival.
It is a challenge of successful treatment of FSGS and the nephrotic syndrome disease.Your doctor may recommend:
1. High cholesterol medication
2. Diuretic medications to help excrete salt and water, which can improve blood pressure and swelling
3. Anticoagulants if you’ve had a previous blood clot
4. A vitamin D supplement if your vitamin D level is found to be low.Your doctor may also recommend these lifestyle strategies for overall kidney health.
5. Avoiding medications that have the potential to damage your kidneys, for example, some pain relievers such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
6.Following a healthy, low-sodium, moderate-protein diet to help protect your kidneys and lower your blood pressure
8.Losing weight if you're overweight
9.Being active on most days
Drugs to suppress your immune system are sometimes offered to people who can tolerate corticosteroids and immunosuppressive drugs, but this approach isn't effective for everyone. These medications also can have serious side effects.
FSGS is a disease that may relapse. Because scarring in the glomeruli may be permanent, follow-up monitoring is important to assess kidney function.
For people who progress to kidney failure, treatment options include:
· Dialysis. It can replace your kidneys to work, but can not remove the damaged or died kidney cells.
· Kidney transplant. Though it can solve the problem at once, but donor and high expense bring a huge pressure for your family.
Here in our hospital, we provide systematic Chinese medicine treatment to repair the damaged kidney cells and improve kidney function to filtrate toxins out of your body. If you want to know more information, please contact us freely.